Thursday, March 5, 2009

For all the girls in the family...

I just saw this. From the Newbery Award Winning author, Neil Gaiman. He has a wonderful reading voice and a unique/quirky way of looking at the world.

I really enjoyed his audiobook narration of this year’s Newbery Award-winning The Graveyard Book, of whom he is the author. Its a bit dark in chapter one but very engaging for the rest. A good read for boys. Note... he is also the author for Coraline, the new Tim Burton animated film. I haven't seen that yet but hear it is quirky, a bit dark, but very good.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I just finished the Graveyard Book and really enjoyed it. Thanks for all of your book pics. Hannah is reading up a storm and it is really good to have some ideas for new reads.

Mike said...

Great book! Really, with a voice like that he could be reading the Wall Street Journal and it would be enthrallin.