You've got to love North Idaho. We were deciding between buying a $5 Forest Service permit to cut down our own Christmas tree in the mountains, or spending $35 for an already cut and less Charley Brown looking tree at the local nursery. That's when we stopped by the church for tithing settlement. When we mentioned that we were headed out to get our tree after meeting with the Bishop, he suggested we stop by the Davis's (Paige's former primary teacher). They grow Christmas trees along the side of their lakeside field. We stopped by, paid $10, hiked a whole 100 yards, cut down a fresh tree and took it a few miles home. Only in North Idaho!
I thought you might all enjoy seeing our 'Granny Tree'. This year I pulled out Granny's ornaments for the first time. It was so fun opening the boxes, going through each ornament and thinking about all of the great memories I have from Christmas time in Granny's house. It made me want to make Kolach and wrap gifts like a professional.
1 comment:
Kirsten! Grannie's ornaments look great. That does bring back good memories.diala
Post a Comment